NBAA 2006 by the numbers.
One look at the statistics from NBAA’s 2006 convention and it is crystal clear that business aviation is exploding with activity. While many OEMs don’t disclose hard sales numbers for their trade shows, everywhere you look on the Internets are quotes and reports that indicate many buyers were writing really big checks in Orlando this past week.
This NBAA was one to remember:
• Total attendance this year was 33,088, a 14% increase over the 2005 NBAA show,The upcoming year will be another record-breaker for business aviation sales as more and more VLJs are certified, and 2008 looks to be the year many of these airframes will be delivered. So it goes without saying that the NBAA 60th Annual Meeting & Convention scheduled for Sept. 25 – 27, 2007, in Atlanta ought to be even larger and more exciting than this year’s monster show…as it that is even possible.
• This year, for the first time, all exhibitor space sold out a month in advance,
• Exhibitors brought 15 aircraft to the convention floor at the Orange County Convention Center,
• The static display at Orlando Executive sold out with 117 aircraft,
• NBAA estimated the convention brought $42 million to the Orlando area,
• Exhibitors bought over 1 million square feet of space -- that's 9% higher than last year, the previous record.